expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Made It


It's time for Monday Made It!  Today I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made It to share something fun (and easy) I made for my classroom over the weekend.

Classroom Memory Jar

Supplies:
1 clear paint bucket (I got mine at Michaels.  They are normally about $7, but I used my 50% off coupon and got it for around $3.50
1 roll wrapping paper- I found this fun pattern at Michael's for $1.50
Glitter ribbon- yep, another find at Michael's, I think it was $1.00
Tape
Printer
Glue

Total Spent = about $6.00



This project was SO easy, I think it only took about 30 minutes start to finish.

First I cut the wrapping paper to fit the inside of the can, leaving a little overlap to seal the ends together.


Then I hopped on my computer and typed up the "Memory Jar" label.  I found a fun font, changed the colors to match my flower paper design, and printed it out on white card stock.

Now it is time to put all the pieces together:

Cut and glue the green glitter ribbon around the edges of the "Memory Jar" label.

Use double sided tape to tape the label onto the wrapping paper, then slip the wrapping paper inside the paint can.  

Put some double sided tape on the overlapping edge of the wrapping paper to seal it shut.


My memory jar!


My students saw it sitting on my desk today, and when I went over the days schedule, and asked if anyone had any questions about the schedule, someone raised their hand and asked "what is that memory jar on your desk for?".

I plan to write down daily class memories as they happen (and have the kids jot down memories too) on small slips of paper and put them into the jar.  On the last day of school I will open up the jar and read all of the memories together with the class.  I think it will be a fun way to look back on our year together and remember some of the things we may have forgotten about.  Next year I will have this memory jar ready for the start of the year, so we can start collecting memories on day 1!

What do you do to remember little memories with your class at the end of the year?  I would love to hear about your last day of school traditions and special things you do with your class!

For even more Monday Made It ideas, head on over to 4th Grade Frolics!








No comments:

Post a Comment