expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 - May 2015

I LOVE Stitch Fix!!!  I have had 3 "fixes" so far, and all of them have been great!  I can't wait to share my May Stitch Fix goodies with you!

First, if you are not familiar with Stitch Fix and how it works, here is a quick summary:

1. Start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc.  
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. 
3. Decide what you want and what you want to send back -in the provided postage paid envelope! 

Ok, here is my May Fix.

1.  Daniel Rainn Tolley Mixed Print Crochet Detail Tie-Neck Top  $68
I had previously noticed this top on Pinterest, and really liked it, so I was excited when I saw it in my May box. I love the mix of prints and the colors.  However, when I tried it on something just seemed odd with the crochet panel.  I think it was too wide and became too much of a focus point for me, instead of a fun detail.  

Verdict:  returned


 2.  Sweet Rain Montezuma Split Neck Blouse   $44

I was super excited when I pulled this out of the box.  I loved the color (it is more of a bright mint green, like in the close up photo).  I also liked the print.  The hearts were small enough that they almost looked like polka dots from a distance and did not look like a little kids heart print shirt at all.  This would look great with a pair of white pants!

When I tried this top on it felt too boxy for me.  There was not a lot of definition in the cut of the top.  Plus, it felt too tight across the back.  I was kind of sad that it didn't fit right, I really loved the color, print, and lightweight fabric.
                                                                           Close up of the print on the top

 Verdict:  returned

3.  Olive & Oak Peyton Dress    $74

The fabric on this dress is SUPER soft!  I love belted shirt dresses, and I liked the color of this one a lot!  I also liked the longer back with the split in the back hem.  Cute!  I felt like the fabric was a little heavy for spring/summer though.  I tried in on and it was immediatly evident that this was not going to work!  It was super baggy, and even when it was belted it felt like a paper sack (or fabric sack).

Verdict:  returned


4.  Papermoon Kasidy Swing Skirt     $58

                                                              Close up of skirt pattern

I loved this right away!  The color, the pattern, the length, the fabric.....everything!  I tried it on and it was just perfect!  The fabric is super soft and the skirt is lined with a lightweight fabric.  This is a perfect skirt for spring/summer!  I have already worn this skirt a couple of times and have received many compliments. 

Verdict:  Kept!!!

5.  Pixley Carlie Mixed Lace Short Sleeve Shirt     $54



                                                         Back Cut-Out Detailing

I wasn't so sure about this top when I pulled it out of the box.  I am not usually a huge lace/crochet person.  But, as always, I had to try it on because you never know- right?  I am so glad I gave this top a chance!  It is beautiful!  It looks great with the Papermoon skirt above.  My stylist even sent a cami/tank to wear underneath the top, which I greatly appreciated!  This top have the perfect amount of stretch and it form fitting but not skin tight.  I think it would look great under a cardigan in the fall/winter, so I can use it all year round.  Bonus!  The material is a bit delicate though, so I will have to be careful when wearing this top so I don't snag it.

Verdict:  Kept!

I ended up keeping 2 of the 5 items, which to me is a success!  The skirt will get a lot of wear and the top is so versatile it can be worn in many ways throughout the year.

If you haven't tried Stitch Fix yet, and want to give it a try, I would LOVE it if you used my referral link.  Using my referral link will give me credit in my Stitch Fix account.  Once you order your first box you will get your own referral link that you can then pass along to your friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment