expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Made It- August 10th


I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It link up.  I love summer break and all the extra time I have to be crafty and make fun things!

I still have a few weeks left of summer break, so I haven't really jumped into creating back to school stuff....yet....  This Monday Made It post is all about fun summer stuff!





Jewelry Organization Board


You have no idea how badly I needed this!  My necklaces were scattered between random ziplock baggies and plastic containers and I wasn't even wearing most of them because I didn't even know what I had!  
I got my inspiration from several pins I found on Pinterest and whipped this up in just a few hours.

Materials:
Bulletin Board ($10 at Target)
White Paint ($2.50 at Target)
Fabric (about $3 at Joanns)
Lace Elastic ($1 at Joanns)
Ribbon ($2 at Joanns)
Push Pins ($3 at Target)

First I painted the boring brown frame of the board white.
Once dry, I covered the cork with my fun grey and white fabrics.  I stapled the edges.
I also added a piece of elastic lace on the bottom, thinking I might hang some earrings from it.
To cover those ugly staples, I glued ribbon around the outside of the edges.  
I let it all dry overnight, then organized my necklace disaster using these fun lime green push pins from Target.
Now I can actually see what necklaces I have and actually start wearing them!



Hanging Flower Pot


I had some extra flowers to plant, and wanted to make a hanging basket, but the only one I had was an ugly green and it had a hole in the bottom and a crack up the side.  Bummer!  I tried to find a new hanging basket, but apparently stores get rid of summer merchandise as soon as summer actually starts, and I couldn't find one anywhere.  
So, I decided to do a little hanging basket makeover!  
I found this bright and fun chevron duct tape and put several layers over the hole and crack, then went over the whole basket with the tape.  
I love how it turned out!  Bright, colorful, and once again functional!

Lemon Cupcakes


Lemon is the perfect summer flavor!  I found this lemon cake mix at the grocery store and decided to make them into lemon cupcakes.  I made the cake mix as directed, but put it into muffin tins instead of a cake pan.
To add a little zing to the frosting I mixed in some fresh lemon zest and the juice of half a fresh cut lemon.
A little yellow sugar sprinkles on top and I had the most delicious summery cupcake!

Summer is not quite over yet, but I do have to start thinking about "back to school" pretty soon.  I have a few ideas of things I want to make for my classroom over the next few weeks and hope to share them with you soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment