expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 10, 2015

Stitch Fix #5- July 2015 (Part 1)

It's Stitch Fix time!  
I decided to increase the Stitch Fix fun this month by scheduling 2 fixes!  
Yep- 2 fixes in one month!  

Here is a little sneak peak at what I received in my first July fix- read on for details!


First, if you are not familiar with Stitch Fix and how it works, here is a quick overview:

1. Start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, style preferences, colors, etc.  

2. Order your first fix! A personal stylist will put together a box of 5 items based on your style profile.  Once your fix ships you will be charged a $20 styling fee-  however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. 

3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back -it is so easy to return items you are not keeping in the provided postage paid envelope! 

For this fix I requested fun patterns, colored pants, and summer tops.  Here is what my stylist Natalie chose for me:


1.  Margaret M. Emer Floral Print Cropped Straight Leg Pant-  $98.00


My stylist sure listened to my request for color and patterns!  I have seen pictures online of other people wearing these pants, and looking awesome, so I really wanted to like them.  When I tried them on they were super comfortable, but the floral pattern just wasn't working for me.  It was too busy and no matter what I paired with it I just couldn't make them work without feeling like I just rolled in a rose garden.

Returned.

2.  Market and Spruce Coval V-Neck Top-  $44.00

I love the colors in this top, and it is a pattern that I probably wouldn't have picked up if I were shopping on my own.  That is what I love about Stitch Fix- they have made me try things I "thought" I wouldn't like.  Turns out, I loved this top!  The fabric is super soft, and it can easily be paired with a cardigan in the fall!

Kept

3.  Market and Spruce Nolen Printed Detail Henley Tank-  $54.00

I pinned this top onto my style board, and my stylist delivered!  I don't usually request specific Stitch Fix items, but I really liked this top every time I saw someone else post it in their reviews, and really wanted one for myself.  Obviously, I love this top and am so happy my stylist sent it!

Kept

4.  Henry & Belle Abana Ankle Length Skinny Jean-  $148.00

I asked for colored pants in my note to my stylist, and she chose these.  I was kind of hoping for something a little more colorful than plain blue (seems to similar to jeans), something like turquoise, pink or green.  But, I tried them and gave them a chance.  Whoa- when they say these are "skinny jeans" they aren't kidding!  I kinda felt like I was wearing a wetsuit!  Needless to say, these weren't staying in my closet.  Plus, the day I pay $148.00 for a pair of plain basic blue pants is......well, never!

Returned


5.  Collective Concepts Rosco Floral Print Crochet Detail Tank-  $58.00

Again, my stylist listened to my request for fun patterns, color and summer tops.  However, this one just wasn't me.  I wasn't in love with the pale pink/peach color and it hung on my in an unflattering way.

Returned


I ended up keeping the Nolen top and the Coval top, and I love them both!

Have you tried Stitch Fix?  If you would like to try Stitch Fix out for yourself, I would love it if you used my referral link when you sign up!  

I get a small "referral fee" when someone signs up using my referral link.  When you sign up, you will get your own unique referral code link that you can share with your friends too!

Stay tuned for a review of my second July Fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment