expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Stitch Fix #6- July 2015 (Part 2)

This is my second fix from July!


First, if you are not familiar with Stitch Fix and how it works, here is a quick overview:

1. Start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, style preferences, colors, etc.  

2. Order your first fix! A personal stylist will put together a box of 5 items based on your style profile.  Once your fix ships you will be charged a $20 styling fee-  however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. 

3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back -it is so easy to return items you are not keeping in the provided postage paid envelope Stitch Fix provides! 

For this fix I requested a fix with all colorful casual tops for summer (short sleeves or tanks) since I am not working/teaching during the summer break and wanted some casual summer tops.

Here is a sneak peak of fix #6:

I have had Natalie as my stylist for all of my first 5 fixes, and she was always right on the mark with what she sent and her stylist notes were always very personal, I could tell she read my requests and looked at my Pinterest style board.

This time I had a different stylist.......... 

1.  Market & Spruce- Lana Lace Detail V-Neck Blouse-  $58.00


I like this top, but it definitely wasn't a "casual" top as I requested.  However, once I got over the initial disappointment of this fix, I decided I really did like this top, and I decided to keep this top anyways, even though I knew I wouldn't be wearing it for a couple of months.  
I can see this top getting a lot of use and being a versatile piece.
It is still sitting in my closet, and will finally get some wear once school starts again in a couple weeks.

Kept

2.  Market & Spruce Channy Open Cardigan- $54.00


Hmmmm.....I requested casual summer tops with short sleeves or tanks......  
The day my Stitch Fix box arrived it was over 90 degrees with high humidity making it feel like about 100 degrees outside.  The last thing I even wanted to think about was a sweater!  In no way did this piece fit my request for summer tops, and I also wrote in my style profile that I dislike pastels.

I did like the subtle chevron pattern in the cardigan, and the overall style.  It was very soft.  Had this been a different color and the middle of winter I may have kept it.

Returned

3.  Gilli Arun Dress-  $78.00


Again,  not a casual top, and not colorful.  

This dress did fit amazingly, and the fabric was super soft!  Also, the v-neck was not cut too low, which I appreciated!  However, I already have a bunch of black/white and cream/white dresses, so there really was no need for me to add this to my closet.

If it was a different color I probably would have kept this.

Returned

4.  Margaret M Emer Jacquard Print High Waisted Cropped Pant-  $98.00


Hmm...not a top, not casual, and not colorful.....  this seems to be repeating itself...

I have received the Emer pants twice before in this size, and both times I have returned them saying I would like to try these again in a smaller size, if available.  
Also, I really have no need for black dress pants in the middle of the hot summer when school is on summer break.

Returned!

5.  Pixley Eileen Honeycomb Texture Knit Tank-  $54.00


Allright!  A top that is casual!  Not very colorful, but I liked the print, the pink on the top of the straps, and the zipper in the back.  This had potential.

Unfortunately, when I tried this on it it was shapeless and it just hung on me in a very unflattering way.  

Returned.

This was my first disappointing fix so far.  I have always loved the items I have been sent, and it was always obvious my stylist in the past read my stylist note/requests and looked at my Pinterest style board for inspiration.  

I feel like this stylist did not read my note or look at my Pinterest board at all because this fix was not at all what I was expecting/hoping for.  I was so excited to open my box and try out 5 colorful, casual summer tops, and that was not at all what I was sent.

I still love Stitch Fix though! 

 I left a detailed note when I checked out stating why I was disappointed and customer service emailed me back right away apologizing for the disappointment and they said they were sure they would do better next time!  (hint-  they did do better- my August fix was awesome!- stay tuned)

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix (don't let this review post scare you, all my other review posts have been great) I would LOVE it if you used my referral link to sign up! When you use my referral link I get a small credit added to my account and you will get your own referral link to pass along to your friends! 








No comments:

Post a Comment