expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello Project

My class loves to do projects, and the time right before winter break is a great time to get crafty!

One project that I love, and that is always a hit with the kids, is my tinfoil/Sharpie art project.  It is really easy and only requires card stock, tinfoil, yarn, glue and Sharpies.

First I have the kids draw a design on their card stock.  I show them some examples and let them know they can make a random design, a holiday themed design, or a design showing something they like.

Once they have finished drawing the design, they go over the pencil lines with glue, and cover the glue lines with yarn.



Once the glue has dried ( let them sit a few hours, or even overnight) I have them cover the design with tinfoil and wrap the foil around to the back of the card stock.  I have them tape down the edges to hold the tinfoil in place.  Next, they use their palm/hand/fingers to smooth the tinfoil over the years design and will see their design pop up in the tinfoil.

Now for the fun part- coloring with Sharpies!  I stocked up on colorful Sharpies by using 40% and 50% off coupons to Michaels and Joann Fabric.  I don't know what it is about Sharpies, but kids LOVE them!

Here are some examples of a work in progress and a finished project.


No comments:

Post a Comment