expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, January 2, 2015

What I am Reading

One thing I love about winter break is the free time I have to read, read, read!
Here is what I am reading right now:


2nd Chance by James Patterson - My hairstylist recommended this series the last time I saw her, so I downloaded the first book onto my Nook to check it out.  This is a series of crime/mystery books that take place in San Francisco and the lead characters are four female friends who come together to create the Women's Murder Club where they work together to solve crimes.  I was hesitant at first, but so far I like the series.  It is an easy read, short chapters, the plot keeps moving and holds my interest.


Without You There Is No Us by Suki Kim - This is a memoir written by a journalist who temporarily taught at a North Korean university.  This book is VERY interesting,  I find everything about North Korea to be mind boggling.  It is hard to imagine day to day life in that environment.  As a teacher it is also interesting to see North Koreas education system (university) and how vastly different it is from what I experienced.

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson -  I am not currently reading this, but I have read it three times in the past and it is going to be my read aloud when school starts up after winter break.  This book is amazing, and if you teach American History it is a great story that will have your students begging you to read more!  It follows the story of Isabel, a slave who was promised freedom, but it doesn't happen.  You get to see her day to day life, struggles, thoughts...as she lives through the Revolutionary War time period.  There is a second book- Forge- that contuse that story.

What are you reading right now?  Do you have any suggestions to add to my personal or school book list?



No comments:

Post a Comment